Having a website is like opening a door and inviting potential customers into your business.
So…Why does YOUR business need a website?
1. 24/7 Spokesperson.
Visitors can get to know you and your products better through your website at their convenience, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
2. Expands your reach.
People from across the street and across the border have access to your products and services from the comfort of their own space.
3. Increases the effectiveness of your advertising.
Including your website information in your print advertising can help generate more interest towards your dynamic content found on your website, which can help you better, get your message across.
4. Gathers feedback.
Use forms, email and social media like Facebook and Twitter to allow your clients to communicate with you.
1. Communicates effectively.
Web–based communication and email communication are cost–effective and time–saving devices.
2. Get noticed.
Having a well–built website will increase the visibility of your site to the search engines that people use to find what they are looking for. Your site should not only be creative, but also be search engine friendly, so that clients can find you.
Sells directly and all the time.
eCommerce can dramatically reduce expensive overhead while delivering a 24/7 ‘sales force’. Because, not only can you sell your products, your website gives you the opportunity to distinguish your company or organization to your client.
Reaching today’s consumer.
Today’s emerging generation has never known life without a digital world of connection. According to stats (and who doesn’t like statistics?), over 94% of Canada’s population is online, so add the growth of social media to that and it becomes evident that without a credible web presence, you don’t exist for an expanding segment of your target market.
Levels competitive playing field.
The sooner you gain a presence on the web, the better. Your competitors know this too. Increasingly, your clients (and potential clients) are making their decisions based on the standard of your website. A usable and engaging website can help to level the playing field between small and large companies.
Being an entrepreneur in today’s world is a 24/7 job. True, the perks of running your own business can be rewarding in many ways, but does getting there have to be filled with so many damn mistakes?
If you’re reading this, then a great deal of those mistakes will be prevented.
5 Effective Entrepreneur Life Hacks, that really work!
1. Take Frequent Breaks. I know you feel you’re way to busy to ever take a break. Or you procrastinated for too long and have an overdue deadline to make. Believe it or not, taking breaks actually help your brain. Ever feel like you’ve lost focus, can’t pop out that new idea, or you’re not your normal creative genius self? Well take a break. 5 to 15 minutes is all you need to rejuvenate yourself. Which in turn makes a better service/product and of course a better you.
2. Keep a Diary, Journal or Blog. Ever feel overwhelmed; Like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders and you don’t have time to see a shrink to vent? Well a simple fix to that is a Diary, Journal or Blog. I’d suggest a private blog, unless you like to publicly share your thoughts. Sometimes you need to air out. This can also be used in your personal life. But keep your personal and business journals separate. Not only would this play as a stress reliever, but you can also use it to help organize your life.
3. Listen More. You can learn something from everyone; not just about them but also about yourself. I’m not saying wake up and walk the streets aimlessly looking for someone to listen to. When you talk with your clients, friends, family, and even occasional strangers; try really listening to them. This will bring you better understanding of people (clients) and yourself (service/product provider).
4. Find a Good Mentor. If you’re over 30, sometimes you may feel like you’re too seasoned for a mentor. Well you’re wrong and it can be proven. Take a minute and ask yourself, “Do I know everything there is to know about my business and how to be successful in all aspects?”. If you’re a human being, the answer probably is NO. Find someone in a place (financially, mentally, spiritually, physically), that can teach you something new. If you can’t find a real life person then look towards the virtual world of computers, YouTube videos, audio books, etc.
5. Time Your Tasks. Seriously, take the time to time how fast you do various tasks. You can use time-tracking software, or go old school with a stopwatch, piece of paper and pen. Track your daily tasks then apply them to your organization methods. Example: Put quick tasks to the head of the line. Get those over and done with. The longer tasks, space them out accordingly. Never put long tasks back to back. It can become draining and tedious. Your brain needs that feeling of success after each task.
Follow these simple 5 Effective Entrepreneur Life Hacks and watch your business grow almost overnight.[/fusion_text][/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]
It’s not uncommon, that people are quick to setup a site, but don’t put into play the right elements to making a well developed, traffic generating, effective site. Well lucky for you, I’m here to give you those 5 Things to Keep in Mind When Creating Your Site.
1. Who will be coming to your site? A very simple question, but often overlooked. And in some cases made too broad. “I want everyone to buy my products.” So if you don’t know who is coming to your site, how do you set up your site for their particular needs? Tip: You cannot, I repeat, you cannot please everyone; but you can focus on the key areas that your demographic will like. Make your site clear and appealing to the people who will best benefit from visiting your site.
2. How do you get people to your site? If you make it, they will come….not always the case. Putting out water to drink, doesn’t mean people will drink, even if they are thirsty. Tip: Marketing and more marketing. There’s pay-per-click advertising, social media, PR, etc. Figure out what works best for you and your budget. But market your site till you can’t market it anymore. Then market it some more.
3. What FAQ’s will your visitors have? So now that you have a potential buyer and they showed up at your door step, they will ave question for you. How much does it cost? How long have you been in business? How can I learn more about your services or products? How can I contact you? Tip: The key is to answer the questions before they are asked. This is a serious time savor and it can even avoid those long phone consults. If you are selling shoes, make sure your visitor knows about those shoes; the price; the colors offered, etc…before event having to ask or fill out a form.
4. How do I guide my visitors? So a potential customer finally visits your amazing site, what next? Do you want them to call you? Send you an e-mail? Purchase your service or product? If you’ve developed your website with the clients needs in mind, then you should be able to easily direct them to each step of your process. Tip: Make sure your site is clear and concise. The visitor should not have to think. Make it very easy. They should visit; be made to feel informed and comfortable; purchase; and leave knowing they made the right decision.
5. How do I stay connected with my visitors? Most visitors tend to window shop. They will look around, but will not buy. The average conversion rate is around 1%. So that translates to 1 out of 100 visitors will end up purchasing or connecting with you during their first visit. Tip: Figure a way to stay connected with your potential buyers. Give them options: newsletter subscription, email, Twitter, Facebook LinkedIn, Google+, etc. Since most visitors will not purchase right away, keep the conversation open through one of the many useful social platforms.
Do you know what your visitors like? How they respond? Do you want visitors to revisit your website. And if your answer is “Yes” then keep reading.
This will give you the necessary information that could be very helpful to you.
What all you need to do to make your visitors like your website? What does it requires to attract your visitors? And all related questions that could come to mind. This is article will shed some light on these questions.
Your Website – A marketing tool
In order to attract your visitors you need to focus more on your website design. Recent studies have shown that most of the visitors get attracted by the design, which causes them to stay a bit longer on your website. Your web design can keep your customers intrigued. And sometimes it is only because of a good or carefully designed website that most of your visitors will proceed to read the information given on your site.
So when do your visitors lose their interest?
It is true that they visit your website but why do they go to other websites after visiting your website? There could be innumerable reasons for this but most of the website development professionals think that one thing that matters a lot is the presentation of your website. Yes, you have read aright. Your website presentation matters a lot. You need to have a unique website design in order to attract your visitors and or to keep your visitors for a bit longer time on your website. If they can spend some time on their website then there is a possibility that they will try to let themselves know something about yourself or your company. And don’t you want to let yourself be known to them? Don’t you want to acheive your aim. It is every company’s dream. When you create a website you hope that you will receive some attention from your customers. You hope that your visitors will reach you and your business will grow by leaps and bounds. You expect this, don’t you?
A good website design is of paramount importance.
What do you do when you meet anyone. Don’t you try to impress the person whom you are meeting for the very first time? You really try to impress the person whom you meet. You try to present yourself well or in a very different manner. You try to leave an impression on his or her mind that you are different. Don’t you do?
Visitor are new to you.
You will have to present yourself to them in a different manner. You will have to present yourself through your website or to be more precise through your website design. Your website design should be interactive. It should be able to captivate the attention of your visitors. It should be eye-catching. It should instantly create an impression on the minds of your visitors. An impression that remains forever, not the one that is delible. It should be an indelible one. It should last for a longer time on their mind. Such should be the website design of your website. Your website design can really help you gain visitors….
Web design is the combination of various factors. Web page lay out, graphic design, content and special effects all are a part of this. All these combine to give a better website design. Good design involves the use of excellent graphics.
You might be saying…………..”My business doesn’t need a website.”, or “I don’t have room in my budget for a website.” If you are one of the few business owners who still don’t have a website, or is housing an ancient relic of a site that serves no purpose other than to tell your family and friend you have a website, then you need to pay very close attention.
ALL BUSINESSES NEED A WEBSITE!
Correction, ALL BUSINESSES NEED AN EFFECTIVE WEBSITE!
Now the ‘WHY’ part can be different for different businesses and industries.
Here are 10 Reasons why ALL BUSINESSES NEED AN EFFECTIVE WEBSITE!
1. Cost effective advertising and sales
- Inexpensive and risk free: while every other advertising medium has increased in price over the past decade, website development and hosting has decreased significantly.
- Easily customize your website and make changes at your convenience. You can do as much or as little as your business goals and budget allow.
- It’s your online brochure / catalog that can be changed at anytime.
- It’s your virtual shop – rent in cyberspace is much lower than in the real world! Providing secure online ordering is now affordable even for the smallest business.
- Introduce yourself to your customers in an image rich and descriptive way.
2. Improved customer service
- Inform and share info with potential clients/ users.
- Give access/availability to your product information and services 24/7.
- Answer your customers Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- Display products and services through online gallery, portfolio.
- Enhance and extend all printed marking materials with a link to your website.
- Offer free samples or trials to download. This includes pictures, brochures, software, videos, Power Point slides, music and more.
- Provide instant consumer gratification.
3. Automation saves time and frees you to focus on other areas of your business
4. Website itself can generate income, sponsorship, e-commerce, affiliation
5. Generate a professional image that establishes your legitimacy in the marketplace
6. In today’s business environment, businesses are expected to have an online presence. This expectation will only increase
7. Online research is the norm for due diligence and consumer info
- More people google and online search than use the yellow pages.
- If your website does not appear in online searches, your business simply does not exist to the average consumer.
8. Your website is the cornerstone of any current or future online marketing campaigns
- Provides market research automatically – simple analysis of the traffic information collected by your web server can provide valuable information
9. Gather information and generate valuable leads
- You can gather information about your customers and potential customers by using forms and surveys. Rather than going out and getting leads, let them come to you. This is a great tool for prospecting targeted customers looking to use your products and services. Online forms can be used to allow customers to request quotations or ask for further information.
10. Reveal your personal side as a business owner and/or your involvement in community activities, and engender trust and loyalty in your customers
So think long and hard and ask yourself…..Are you sabotaging the success of your own business by not putting in place the tools for it to be successful.
Contrary to the common saying, Ignorance is not Always Bliss! If you feel you’re still uncertain of the benefits of having an effective website, and need some FREE consultation, contact us at Jet Black Design.
And for those who feel you’re budget is too tight, we have regular promotions and reasonably prices services.
SUCCESS IS IN YOUR REACH……..
IF YOU ALLOW IT, WILLFUL IGNORANCE WILL BE YOUR DOWNFALL…….
Social media, defined as the various activities that combine technology and social interaction. It is people having conversation online. Together with the changing times, communication is also changing. Social media is also changing the small-business marketing landscape. Businesses can gain entry into powerful networking sites and other social media to drive prospects to their websites.
Every year huge companies invest a lot of money on advertising. Companies, invest heavily on what we call as tri-media. Tri-media includes television, radio and print (newspaper, magazine, etc) .With the advent of social media business owners need not spend the bulk of their profits on publicity. From billions of dollars, marketing spending became less expensive. Online marketing, can be done in various ways, you can write blogs, leaving comments, and with the use of social networking sites such as FaceBook, MySpace, Linkedln, Twitter and Youtube can provide inexpensive yet powerful online marketing.
Are you one of those people still stuck with traditional marketing? Do not be stuck on this, explore other options available to gain publicity. In doing so, you would be able to slash the advertising cost in half or even more.
Here are some tips on how entrepreneurs can use social media effectively:
1. Usage of free sites.
It would be beneficial if you use mobile short-messaging such as Twitter, and popular networking sites like Facebook and Myspace, you can use the this to inform people of significant news, events or specials. Say, for example, you own a Japanese restaurant; you can quickly inform people of your restaurant’s lunch or dinner special via “tweets.” The good thing about Twitter is that you do not have to create a personal profile. Even if you are a newbie in the world online marketing, you can easily learn the ropes of how Twitter works.
2. Reallocate marketing costs to social media.
After you have learned how social networking works, you can use these tools to free up traditional marketing dollars. Unlike print ads wherein you cannot measure the results, social media allows you do exactly that. You can get instant and measurable results with social media.
3. Perform you own social media optimization.
You can learn about your competition who are also using social networking. It would be helpful if you search using Google and Yahoo. Type in keywords or phrases people would likely use to find your business. If you do not appear in the top percentage pages, take a closer look at the competition’s website and check what is on their page that you do not have.
Increase your business’s presence online by writing blogs or newsletters and other articles that will effectively increase their ranking in web searches.
These tips are proven effective. Businesses would be able to save a lot of money and also increase sales with if they choose to use this avenue. Learn the ropes of this system because in the long run this will be a big factor to your business’s success.