You might be saying…………..”My business doesn’t need a website.”, or “I don’t have room in my budget for a website.” If you are one of the few business owners who still don’t have a website, or is housing an ancient relic of a site that serves no purpose other than to tell your family and friend you have a website, then you need to pay very close attention.
ALL BUSINESSES NEED A WEBSITE!
Correction, ALL BUSINESSES NEED AN EFFECTIVE WEBSITE!
Now the ‘WHY’ part can be different for different businesses and industries.
Here are 10 Reasons why ALL BUSINESSES NEED AN EFFECTIVE WEBSITE!
1. Cost effective advertising and sales
Inexpensive and risk free: while every other advertising medium has increased in price over the past decade, website development and hosting has decreased significantly.
Easily customize your website and make changes at your convenience. You can do as much or as little as your business goals and budget allow.
It’s your online brochure / catalog that can be changed at anytime.
It’s your virtual shop – rent in cyberspace is much lower than in the real world! Providing secure online ordering is now affordable even for the smallest business.
Introduce yourself to your customers in an image rich and descriptive way.
2. Improved customer service
Inform and share info with potential clients/ users.
Give access/availability to your product information and services 24/7.
Answer your customers Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Display products and services through online gallery, portfolio.
Enhance and extend all printed marking materials with a link to your website.
Offer free samples or trials to download. This includes pictures, brochures, software, videos, Power Point slides, music and more.
Provide instant consumer gratification.
3. Automation saves time and frees you to focus on other areas of your business
4. Website itself can generate income, sponsorship, e-commerce, affiliation
5. Generate a professional image that establishes your legitimacy in the marketplace
6. In today’s business environment, businesses are expected to have an online presence. This expectation will only increase
7. Online research is the norm for due diligence and consumer info
More people google and online search than use the yellow pages.
If your website does not appear in online searches, your business simply does not exist to the average consumer.
8. Your website is the cornerstone of any current or future online marketing campaigns
Provides market research automatically – simple analysis of the traffic information collected by your web server can provide valuable information
9. Gather information and generate valuable leads
You can gather information about your customers and potential customers by using forms and surveys. Rather than going out and getting leads, let them come to you. This is a great tool for prospecting targeted customers looking to use your products and services. Online forms can be used to allow customers to request quotations or ask for further information.